41875, Staveley Barrow Hill, 3rd August 1963
Midland 1F 0-6-0T No. 41875 at Staveley (Barrow Hill) depot, 41E, on Saturday 3rd August 1963. This was one of the locos used to shunt the yards at Staveley Iron Works as the Midland Railway had a 100 year contract to provide motive power for the works, dating from 1866. Designed by S.W. Johnson as MR class 1121, the loco was built in May 1899 by R. Stephenson & Co., works No. 2946. It had just been withdrawn in July 1963 and was scrapped at BR Derby Works the following month, September 1963. Slide No. 228.