6606, Swindon Works, 23rd September 1962
GWR 56xx 0-6-2T No. 6606 has been through the works at Swindon for an intermediate overhaul and is now ready to return to its home depot, 88B, which was Cardiff Cathays until 1962 but Radyr after that! The engine was withdrawn from Radyr on 31st January 1965 and stored until June 1965, after which it was scrapped at Cashmore's, Newport, during the same month. It was built at Swindon Works and entered service on 30th September 1927. Sunday 23rd September 1962. A rather interesting tank wagon stands alongside. B&W Neg No.198.