7341, Swindon Works, 23rd September 1962
GWR 43xx 2-6-0 No. 7341 had just been withdrawn from Croes Newydd shed and has now reached Swindon Works for its final move to the scrap yard, where it was cut up the following month. It was built at Swindon Works and entered traffic in April 1932 as number 9319 and was renumbered to 7341 in June 1957. Alongside is "Castle" Class 4-6-0 No. 5003 "Lulworth Castle" which despite its clean appearance had been withdrawn a month earlier on 29th August 1962 from Newton Abbot shed. It was stored from 30th September until November 1962 in the old Stock Shed at Swindon before moving to Cashmore's Newport and scrapped in December 1962. It too was built at Swindon, entering service on 28th May 1927. Sunday 23rd September 1962. B&W Neg No.205.